Welcome to the Early Years Specialist Support Service
(Including the Cleveland Unit Child Development Centre)EYSSS Vision Statement: Across the EYSS Service we offer children and families a welcoming, child-centred, safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment, focused on achievement for all
- The Cleveland Unit Child Development Centre is part of the Middlesbrough Early Years Specialist Support (EYSS) Service
- The EYSS Service is for children aged from birth to 5 years who have special educational needs and/or disabilities.
- The EYSS Service aims to ensure early identification of special educational needs and/or disabilities followed by specialist assessment and intervention through teaching and therapy for pre-school children.
- We also offer support and advice for families
- And support, challenge and training for Early Years Settings.
- To ensure early identification of children’s individual needs.
- To explore and assess specialist strategies, resources and equipment to help us to meet children’s individual needs.
- To work with families to set realistic and relevant targets, including strategies, resources and equipment to help children to achieve their full potential.
- To work with EY settings to work towards mutually agreed outcomes to achieve effective inclusion wherever possible and to identify appropriate specialist provision where necessary.
- To integrate targets and programmes from other professionals (e.g. speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists), into all activities.
- To seek advice and further assessment from outside agencies where necessary.
- To provide children with full access to a broad and balanced early years curriculum, ensuring that all have equal opportunities to make progress and experience success, in their chosen EY setting.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers.
- To monitor and review children’s progress on a regular basis.